What Is Mediation?
Mediation is the process of managing conflict by using a trained and certified impartial professional to help team members resolve their disagreements. The goal is to diffuse workplace tensions before they escalate into a more severe and potentially damaging problem for all parties involved.
- Mediation is the ideal way to resolve conflict while helping both sides develop a better relationship all in the effort of helping to foster a more collaborative and productive work environment.
- Mediation is confidential, informal, and voluntary whereby all parties enter the process in good faith based on the involvement of a neutral third party who is 100% impartial.
- Mediation allows people to discuss their issues with the objective of reaching a mutually agreeable resolution.
- Mediation is there to lower tensions by encouraging people to openly share their concerns and feelings while respecting each other’s views.
- Mediation helps companies resolve issues quickly so they can avoid costly litigation while preserving relationships with stakeholders.
- Mediation helps companies create positive, powerful and well-run work environments while ensuring that initial disagreements do not spiral into full blown conflict.
- Mediation is ideal when a disagreement first arises as the longer an issue lingers on the more likely relationships erode and devolve into formal grievances.
- Mediation be deployed between peers within the same team or different groups, and/or between colleagues at different levels within the corporate structure.
- Mediation has been shown to increase trust and collaboration while improving overall relationships within organizations.
Why Mediation Is More Important Now Than Ever?
The modern workplace has evolved significantly over the last twenty years. With the advancement of diversity, corporate cultures have had to deal with the challenges related to integrating individuals with diverse backgrounds and from different generations. This has also been compounded by technological advancements which have simultaneously presented new opportunities and challenges to workers. These changing dynamics are fraught with potential conflicts as people are learning to understand and respect each other’s differences.
Why We Offer Mediation?
As Talent Acquisition professionals we are adept at being “honest brokers” while building trust and respect between all parties. Recognizing our own internal skill sets and experience, we decided to expand our firm to provide our clients with this very important professional service. We don’t just help our clients bring people into the organization, we help keep them there. We have been equally successful mediating between our placements as well as the individuals we have not placed. Our goal is to reduce high levels of stress for all parties, while improving corporate morale, and decreasing employee absenteeism.
Our Practice Leader:
Sabrina brings over 15 years of experience in Mediation, along with a proven track record of delivering results. Prior to entering the field of Executive Search, she began her career as a Partner at a Mediation firm where she provided dispute resolution services for matters of civil litigation, workplace disagreements, as well as divorce and separation. She has continued to work as a Mediator while simultaneously working in the Talent Acquisition field.
Sabrina obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at York University and her Post-Graduate Human Resources Certificate at Seneca College of Applied Arts & Sciences. She also completed the Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate at Humber College and became an Associate Mediator specializing in Civil Mediations such as Employment/Workplace disputes.